Whether you’re studying improvisation, jazz style or just want to dig playing with one of the greatest rhythm sections on earth, the “Jazz Conception” book/CD series is for you. Used by students, private teachers, high schools, colleges and even jazz pros, this innovative series is the best-selling, most popular etude books in the world. Here’s why:
- Authentic sounding etudes, based on chord progressions to standards, jazz tunes and blues, in the styles of jazz greats, including Charlie Parker, Miles Davis, Sonny Rollins, JJ Johnson and Herbie Hancock, among others. This gives you literally hundreds of ideas for improvisation.
- Famous International jazz recording artists perform the etudes on the included play along CD. Slide Hampton, Frank Wess, Kenny Washington, Eric Alexander, Jim Snidero, David Hazeltine, Conrad Herwig, Jim Rotondi and others, show you how to phrase and swing.
- The best sounding rhythm sections of any jazz play along CD. You can’t get closer to playing with Miles’ band than this!
- Three levels of difficulty: Easy, Intermediate and the orginal Jazz Conception. Simple to match your skill level.
- Available for virtually every instrument in jazz, making it highly useful for classroom instruction. Endorsed by Jimmy Heath, Randy Brecker, Slide Hampton, Mike Stern and Jamey Aebersold
We are currently using Jamey Aebersold, one of the most respected and reliable online book dealers, to process orders for all Jazz Conception Books. Please click here to order.
Note: If you click this link you will be leaving The Jazz Conception Company Website.